MailChimp is an email platform we have integrated into our site to allow organizers to send updates, mass emails, and important information to a large group of registrants.
How to create an Audience (used to be called a "list") with my members/registrants?
1. Create a free MailChimp account (if you don't have already have one) at www.mailchimp.com
2. Create your Audience (list) by following the steps on the link below
How do I add this to my page on our platform?
1. Log in to your MailChimp account www.login.mailchimp.com/
2. Find or Generate your API key
An API key is a unique key that gives a third party limited access to your MailChimp account. These can be deleted and re-generated as many times as you want. In Interpodia's case, we only need access to the "Audience" which is explained below.
Integrate your MailChimp account to your dashboard
5. Log into your admin account
6. On your organizer dashboard find the Club/Event or Membership Organization you would like to create a mailing list (audience) for.
Note: You must create a new API key for every audience/list you create
7. Once you have found the Club/Event or Membership Organization select it to bring up the "Dashboard Home".
8. Once on the "Dashboard Home" navigate to the "Configure Tab"
a. Select MailChimp Setup
b. Select if you want to create a new list (audience) or add to an existing one
9. Input your API key into the box and select the list (audience) you would like to populate from the dropdown. Once you have specified what list (audience) and any other options click submit.
10. That's it you have successfully created and integrated a mailing list (audience)!
If for any reason you get stuck or need assistance please contact Interpodia Support.